What does the Bible say about becoming a Christian?
- God loves you.
- John 3:16 (NIV) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- But we have all sinned against God. Sin is choosing your way instead of God’s way. Sin separates people from God. Sin separates you from God.
- Romans 3:23 (NIV) For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Romans 6:23 (NIV) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Because God loves you, He sent Jesus so you would not have to die for your sin. Jesus died on the cross. He was buried and he rose from the dead.
- Romans 5:8 (NIV) But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
How to Become a Christian
A – Admit
Admit to God that you are a sinner. The first people God created chose to sin and disobey God. Ever since then, all people have chosen to sin and disobey. You must agree with God about your sin, and repent or turn away from your sin and turn toward God.
Acts 3:19 (NIV) Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,
1 John 1:9 (NIV) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
B – Believe
Believe that Jesus is God’s Son and accept God’s gift of forgiveness from sin.
John 14:6 (NIV) Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Acts 4:12 (NIV) Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.
Acts 16:31 (NIV) They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved–you and your household.”
Ephes. 2:8-9 (NIV) For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God–  not by works, so that no one can boast.
C – Confess
Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Romans 10:9-10 (NIV) That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Romans 10:13 (NIV) “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Is it time for you to become a Christian?
- If so, you can pray something like this:
- Dear God, I know and admit I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God, please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and I confess Jesus as my Savior and Lord. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you genuinely trust in Jesus Christ to be your Savior and Lord, you are a Christian.
- Tell others that you have become a Christian and they can too.
- Start reading your Bible everyday. Start by reading the Gospel of John.
- Pray to God everyday.
- Find other Christians who will encourage you and help you grow in your Christian life. Find a Bible teaching church that you can be a part of.
- Be baptized, showing your commitment to live your life for Jesus Christ.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about becoming a Christian or to tell us you have become a Christian.